Looking for new office space for your business?
LOOK TO BARRHAVEN
Barrhaven: Ottawa's Gateway to Business
With the fastest growing population in Eastern Canada and a highly educated workforce, including a greater proportion of scientists and engineers than Ottawa, Barrhaven is the perfect place for your company's future. Let's talk:
TALENT & ACCESS
Located on Hwy 416, two minutes from Hwy 417, Barrhaven provides easy access to the Ottawa International Airport, to cities west and east (including Kanata and Montreal), and south to Hwy 401 to Toronto and beyond.
We have room for your business to grow – from smaller spaces for start-ups to greenfield to build your new, state-of-the art campus.
Barrhaven is the closest major business district to the Ottawa International Airport.
Cycle to other local companies using our bike lanes (think: collaboration with other businesses).
Canada’s most educated workforce lives in Ottawa, 61% of whom are post-secondary graduates, in one of Canada’s largest bilingual workforces.
120,000 students attend Ottawa’s 6 colleges and universities – 27,000 specializing in STEM education.
Barrhaven’s Via Rail station provides quick and convenient rail access to Toronto, Montreal, and beyond.
NCC GREENBELT LIVING LAB
Smart Agriculture in Barrhaven: Opportunities in our own backyard!
Ottawa's NCC Greenbelt off Woodroffe Avenue, just north of Fallowfield Road, is an ideal place for an innovation node on account of its strategic location in Canada’s Capital, which is home to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). The site is close to the Central Experimental Farm (CEF); the nation’s 427-hectare urban agriculture research centre. The CEF is a National Historic Site and home to the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) headquarters. Ottawa is also headquarters for many national farm organizations. In addition to its strategic and central location, Ottawa’s knowledge base (including ICT sector), strong talent pool and agriculture resources make it a logical choice for an industry-driven smart agriculture node. On account of its assets, a number of core pinch points can naturally be addressed in Ottawa including connectivity, big data, open platforms, artificial intelligence, automation, plant production and soil health.
Whether you’re looking for build-to-suit or move-in ready, Barrhaven’s got you covered.
WHY OTTAWA?Ottawa’s high concentration of technology talent, competitive business costs and quality of life attracts companies from around the world. Watch the video to learn more about our great city.
- Educated, bilingual workforce
- 120,000 students attend Ottawa's 6 universities and colleges and - 27,000 specializing in STEM education
- Easiest access to markets outside Ottawa via air, rail, or road
- Doing business in the US? Take advantage of the favourable Canadian/US exchange rate
- Barrhaven is a FibreCity
- IBM's offices are located near the Airport, just 15 minutes from Barrhaven
- Ottawa is home to the strongest, most innovative high-tech hub in Canada
- Ottawa boasts two excellent research universities, both with world-class STEM programs: University of Ottawa and Carleton University
- Advanced municipal infrastructure: excellent built infrastructure and wide-ranging public-sector supporting organizations
- Ottawa is the nation's capital, with policy-makers at Parliament only minutes from Barrhaven
- A number of Government research facilities are located in Barrhaven, including Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Canada Food Inspection Agency
- The RCMP Headquarters are also located in Barrhaven, minutes away from DND HQ